Sunset Terrace Family Health Center at NYU Langone offers evidence based individualized treatment services for individuals managing mental health disorders, struggling with chemical dependency problems and/or coping with health issues associated with HIV/AIDS.
Services are provided by multidisciplinary, multilingual, culturally competent treatment teams composed of physicians, nurses, psychologists, social workers and addiction counselors.
Sunset Terrace Family Health Center at NYU Langone houses the Outpatient Behavioral Health Services (OBHS) and Psychosocial Club and the Special Care Immunology Services (SCIS) programs. We are committed to restoring, maintaining and enhancing the health and well being of our community.
- Outpatient Behavioral Health Services
- Behavioral Health providers (psychiatrists, social workers, psychologists) offer treatment services for adults, children and families utilizing the following modalities: individual, group, family therapy, child & adolescent therapy, geriatric treatment, psychiatric evaluation, medication management, psychological testing and case management. The Sunset Terrace Psychosocial Club and School Behavioral Health Program are additional programs for individuals managing behavioral health disorders. For more information click here.
- Healthy Connections
- Healthy Connections is an outpatient mental health clinic that offers counseling to children, adolescents, adults and families who’ve been affected, either directly or indirectly, by trauma. Experts at the clinic, including licensed social workers, psychiatrists and psychiatric nurse practitioners, work together to provide effective, comprehensive care for patients. The entire staff is trained in assessing, diagnosing and treating psychological trauma disorders using the most current and evidence-based practices available today. In addition to helping patients work through psychological trauma disorders, social workers are available to help if trauma situations continue. In cases of domestic violence, for instance, we come up with a safety plan to make sure patients are taken care of and have a plan in the event that they need to exit an unsafe situation. We’re committed to helping patients and improving their quality of life.
- Services for LGBT Patients and Their Families
- A recognized leader in inclusivity and cultural competence, Sunset Terrace Family Health Center at NYU Langone's interdisciplinary staff is committed to being aware and respectful of the diverse communities we serve. With more than 132 years of history integrating cultural competence with superior health care, we have developed a profound appreciation for inclusivity and our collective strengths. You'll see it in our patients, our community, our employees, in the programs and services we offer, the way we deliver care, and how we address health disparities.
|Number of Positions||3|
514 49th Street
Dr. James Rodriguez
Sunset Terrace Family Health Center at NYU Langone
|Year network/office opened||2018|
|Total # of operatories||3|